ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE 2017 RUNCIMAN BOOK AWARD
The Anglo-Hellenic League is again offering a prize, known as the Runciman Award in honour of the late Sir Steven Runciman, for an original work wholly or mainly about some aspect of Greece or the world of Hellenism, published in English in any country of the world in its first edition during 2016 (and for this purpose 2016 must be stated as the year of first publication in the book).
In selecting books for submission publishers should note:
- no more than 10 books may be submitted by any one publisher;
- books of multiple authorship (more than 3 authors or contributors), or edited books, will not be eligible;
- the judges will look with particular (but not exclusive) favour on books which have a potential readership beyond the specialist and academic, of interest to an educated public with little or no knowledge of Greece;
- the book must have 2016 stated as the year of its first publication inside the book;
- the RRP of each submitted book should be indicated on the entry form.
The prize money is £9,000, provided by Elias Paraskevas Attorneys 1933, a new sponsor this year.
For details about submitting works, please consult the Submissions information page.
All entries must be received by Tuesday, 31st January 2017.